jueves, 6 de junio de 2013

First impressions on minimal shoes

Disclaimer: sorry if my thoughts are too obvious, but this is my experience and I want to share it no matter how trivial it is.

The first remarkable thing you notice when you hold a minimal shoe is its lightness. I can say I have beach flip-flops heavier than that. They claim 195g (remember they are the f-lites 195) but in my not-very-scientific-scale their are 230g with laces.


This lightness is also noticeable once you first wear them. They make my NB890 (310g in my scale) feel like boots. 
What about suport? well, no support at all. Once you are in them, you are on your own risk... at last, this is one of the axioms minimalist runners claim; let you body learn how to support your stride, but theory is theory, practice will prove this right, or not.
The lack of support is non existing either on the sole nor the upper. Feels like a thick sock actually.

And the second remarkable feature is its incredible flexibility. You can flex them with a finger (kids, don't try to do that with a pair of standard shoes) This is obviously linked to the non-support but I have to admit that the freedom feeling with that lack of restrains is a pretty cool sensation.


This is just standing up with the shoes on, let's see what it is like to run on them. Well in fact I have already logged some kms on them, but that will be on the next post ;)

As a fashion note I have to say I love its minimalistic look and if they don't work as proper running shoes they will make it as shoes to wear with jeans. And as they are black they match with everything ;)




No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario